Acupressure Treatment – An Effective Treatment for Headache
Headache is a very common condition that causes sharp discomfort and prevents a person from performing daily activities. Massaging can help in reducing any kind of confined pain. Acupressure is a system of alternative medicine that includes applying pressure to some specific points in the body to alleviate the symptoms of certain health conditions such as headaches, anxiety, fatigue, tension, and stress. The acupressure treatment works perfectly for headaches and some other trivial problems. Additionally, it also heals the side effects of chemotherapy that are involved in the treatment of cancer.
Headaches have become so common these days, due to the consistent use of mobile phones or laptops and taking medicines for it is not a good thought. Choosing alternative therapies like acupressure does magic in curing the symptoms of some general disorders. Acupressure therapy is based on the principle of life energy flowing through the meridian points in the body, and applying pressure to the points can help in unblocking the blockages in these meridians. The healing process of an unbroken energy flow!
What are Acupressure Points for Headache?
While consulting with an acupressure expert for help, the acupressure points for the cure include the following:
- Third Eye: The third eye pressure point is positioned between the eyebrows. Applying consistent pressure to the point or putting a mild massage in a circular motion will help to incite the third eye pressure.
- Union Valley: It is also termed as Hegu pressure point and is positioned between the thumb and index finger on the loose skin. You can reduce the pain by holding the pressure point or moving the thumb in a circular motion.
- Drilling Bamboo: There are two pressure points located inside each of the eyebrows and when you activate these points, it can provide relief from headache.
- Gates of Consciousness: There are two pressure points in the hollow space underneath the skill, on each side of the spine. Do massage it by using the index and middle finger to lower the neck pain and headache associated with it.
- Yuyao: The acupressure points targeted to reduce eye-strain-induced headaches. How you can achieve this is by pressure at the midpoint of your eyebrows and releasing them. You can also apply pressure into the small depression at the inner corners of the eyebrows.
Benefits of Acupressure Treatment
The concept of reflexology is proven to help to cure headaches. Studies have proven the potency of acupressure treatment with a visible decline in the duration as well as the severity of headaches. When you go through the process of treating intense conditions, acupressure also provides a great benefit in addition to your traditional treatment going on. If you have a migraine, acupressure can help by improving circulation, reducing tension, and relieving stress by releasing the body’s natural pain killers.
Remember one should be careful of taking acupressure for headaches in case you have existing conditions. Also, acupressure is not suggested to the patients of any heart condition, pregnancy, cuts, or bruises.
Try out the New Range of Acupressure Tools
Now that you are aware of the benefits of acupressure therapy, you would want to take the benefits of it for getting a natural cure. Similar to acupressure, grounding is another natural therapy to get relief from ailments and conditions. There is a small device; which allows you to experience the benefits of both without stepping outdoors.
The most effective home treatment in the market is the combination of the Grounding Acupressure Probe and jelly which work as the best acupressure tools to treat various target meridian points throughout the body. Not only are the products easy to use, but also reasonably priced. You can pre-order the products online to relieve common ailments and conditions like headaches and many other health issues.